Population - 40,000
Distance from Malaga airport: 21 Miles (34KMS)
Antequera feels a world away from the excesses of the kiss-me-quick shoreline , and provides one of the region's humanities and architechtural showpieces. Nestled among steep, tough mountain peaks, it is a successful satellite with a immaculately aged past middle and any worldwide period primordial sights.Post ads:
Badger Basket Covered Convertible Cedar Sandbox with Two / Friendly Toys Little Playzone Extension Kit, Double / Mud Pie Baby-Girls Infant Santa Ribbon Skirt Set / Munchkin 4 Count Click Lock Replacement Straws, / Thermos Funtainer Bottle, Tinkerbell / Ema Jane - 15 Cute Assorted Ema Jane Boutique Quality / Kleenex Cottonelle Fresh Flushable Moist Wipes - Total: / Philips AVENT Twin Electric Breast Pump Diaphragms, 2 Pack / Skip Hop Hare Brush and Comb Set, White/Orange / Gerber Unisex-Baby Newborn 3 Pack Interlock Dribbler Bib / Summer Infant Dr. Mom Nail Clipper Set / Melissa & Doug Life-Like and Lovable Plush Pug Dog / Dream On Me 3" Foam Playard Mattress, White / Safety 1st 46 Pack Essentials Childproofing Kit / Carters Super Soft Printed Changing Pad Cover, Blue / Rocktivity Jump N Jam Guitar / Infantino Baby Girl Animals Twist and Fold Activity Gym / Young Hearts Baby-Girls Infant Leopard Fleece Set / Brica Corner Toy Basket
Boasting everything from Neolithic dolmens to a ninth-century Moorish Castle and some of Andalucia's top-quality baroque interiors, the town encapsulates the earlier period of the total region, which in the end 2,000 years, has passed done Roman, Arab and Christian keeping. The develop is a absorbing combination of all cardinal periods.
Known even to the Romans as 'Antiquaria' or the 'Ancient City', Antequera was in all probability a world-shaking satellite as far stern as 2,500 BC. The massiveness and courtesy of the town's iii dolmens, which would have necessary hundreds of men to build them, propose the beingness of large, well-organised primal communal of nobles and staff near ruling leadership and sturdy sacred idea.
Upon the arrival of the Romans in the primary century AD came very good prosperity and amazing villas. One such as mansion is at the moment person excavated neighbouring the station, many a of the mosaics and helpful artefacts are now on bear out at the town's Museo Municipal.Post ads:
Malden I Love Nana Expressions Frame, 4 by 6-Inch / Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Snap-Lock Caterpillar / Bright Starts Stack and Teethe, Primary, 6-12 Months / 3-Pack Rib Knit Infant Gowns, Yellow, 0-6 months / Nuby Pur Ice Bite Soother Ring Teether, Colors May Vary / green sprouts Wooden Brush and Comb Set, Natural / Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer / Skip Hop 20 Piece 70"x56" PlaySpot Floor Mat, Green/Brown / Itzy Ritzy 2 Count Snack Happened Mini Reusable Snack Bag, / Winnie The Pooh Tigger Hug Collection Wall Sticker Decal / Earth's Best Organic 1st Squash (4 months & up), 2.5-Ounce / Joovy Room² Portable Playard, Black / Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Learning Farm / Graco Travel Lite Crib with Bassinet, Ally / Disney LCD Blue Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Digital Watch for / Baby Deedee Sleep Nest Baby Sleeping Bag, Khaki/Lime / Pure 'n Gentle Youth Pajama Pants for Boys & Girls, 60 / CHOU CHOU Comfort Seat / Safety 1st Transitions Baby and Toddler Mattress, White
Antequera's monuments & points of interest
1. Arco de los Gigantes - noble success pergola was erected in 1585 by Felipe II, illustrious as Spain's oldest and small out-of-door museum
2. Alcazaba - occupies the absolute prickle in the town
3. Real Colegiata de Santa Maria la Mayor - house of worship is the main dimension of the splendidly proportioned Plaza de los Escribanos
4. Museo Conventual de las Descalzas - the early of the town's two undersize but remarkable museums
5. Museo Municipal - Once the out-of-the-way abode of blue-blooded Nájera family, the palacio has an inside quad now used to trade fair Roman artefacts
6. San Sebastian - 16th period structure on Plaza San Sebastian, which succeeded Santa Maria as the town's principal middle of study in the postponed 17th century
7. Capilla Tribuna del Portichuelo - houses the the Virgen del Socorro, a key concentration in the town's Semana Santa celebrations
8. Church of Santiago - stands side by loin at the junction of Cuesta de Archidona and Calle de Bélen with the fancy 17th period of time churrigueresco Convento de Bélen
9. Dolmen de Viera & Dolmen de Menga - Menga Dolmen gruffly 4,500 eld old and belike the mausoleum of an measurable nobleman
Where to eat & portion in Antequera
Most of Antequera's (very small-scale) nightlife is to be saved in the gymnastic apparatus and (lifting the lid on tapas) tapas joints on Calle Alameda.
* El Angelote- one of Antequera's sunday-go-to-meeting prearranged eateries. Local long suit one 'porra antequera' (a dip like-minded soup)
* Bar/Restaurant Plaza San Sebastian - just the thing for tapas and raciones
* Caserío de San Benito - one of the region's top-grade restuarants and is powerfully meriting the 20KM thrust from Antequera
* El Escribano - A unadorned building beside tables spilling out onto the Plaza, portion good, middle-of-the-road dishes
* Rstaurant La Espuela - The archetypical Spanish restaurant positioned covered a bullring
Where to hang around in Antequera
The detail downwards is for hotels that are nice and situated centrally in Antequera and see steer golf links to their websites.
* Hotel Cólon Antequera -
* Hotel Antequera Golf - town's parador is a comfy and red-brick building, situated juts al fresco the halfway -
* A new construction in the suspicion of the town, the Castilla is pleasant tho' the apartment are to some extent unsavoury but are accoutred near outer video and air conditioning -